Extensive experience in hydrography including, flood plain surveys, bathemetry, hydrodynamics, current metering, dye and drougue tracking, monitoring surveys, pre/post dredge surveys, equipment installiation, side scan, seismic surveys, structural scour surveys, very experienced boat handeller, worked world wide on various projects.
Hydrographic Survey Manager
- Carry out detailed scour assessment surveys on at risk structures under difficult conditions using a combination of survey methods so that third parties could make informed decisions. Survey methods include, sonar scanning, GPR, laser scanning, monitoring, topographic surveys, current metering and equipment installation.
- I have a particular interest in evaluating processes to determine and identify inefficiencies and make alterations to improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Client liaison, define survey requirements and design survey solution tailored to meet the client’s needs/specifications, budget and delivery timeframe.
- Contract Sourcing, the formulation of detailed tender proposals (on many occasions my proposals scored in excess of 95% nationally and internationally), site specific Risk Assessments, Method Statements and survey reports.
- Daily running of the hydrographic survey department, scheduling crews in Ireland and the UK, plan and organise surveys based upon suitable tides and weather, undertake hydrographic survey, processing, and manage the department’s budgetary and financial concerns.
- Research latest equip, derive innovative solutions and streamline them into existing operating procedures, train staff, oversee procedures to ensure that the specifications are adhered to and ensure that the data capture, processing and delivery is efficient/streamlined and oversee QA. I have also contributed to a number of articles, company marketing literature.
- Post flood emergency response surveys, offering a full data capture and monitoring.
- Duties included tender evaluation, appraisal and proposals.
- Liaise with clients to organise surveys and understand the survey requirements. Offer alternative survey solutions.
- Plan surveys, source equipment, install equipment and source alternative equipment.
- Undertake detailed topographic, bathymetric, side scan sonar, magnetometer, sub bottom profiling and environmental surveys.
- Undertake dredging survey for both clients and dredging contractor, pre-post dredge surveys, process data, produce charts and calculate volumes.
- Very proficient boatman/driver, responsible for sourcing a company survey boat and maintained throughout. We undertook numerous large scale multi-disciplinary survey contract at home and abroad.